Wednesday, April 9, 2008
The Beginning
It all started in Germany on August 12, 1963. Your Dad and I were married by the Burgemeister the day I arrived in Germany. And then we traveled to Bern, Switzerland and were sealed in the Swiss Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on August 17, 1963. Euopean governments do not recognize religeous weddings as being legal. You must be prounounced man and wife by the government authorities. We celebrate August 17th as our wedding date. We are getting close to the half century mark!!!! Unbelievable !!! (In my mind, I am still very young, but each day my body tells me different.) There are now 28 of us-Gary and Celia - Gary Scott, Gary Allen, Gregory, Grant and Jessica - Jeff and Keri, Vincent, Ashley and Alyssa- Darcie and Aaron, Julia, Alexis, AJ, Austin and Tristan - Dore' and Kevin and Novalie - Danielle and Matt, Zane, Zachary, Marcus and Kameron. The guys seem to out-number the gals!!! We need to plan a few family gatherings before Gary Allen leaves the "nest" !!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for writing that! I know I have heard it before, but it is nice to hear again.
Doré
Post a Comment