Friday, April 4, 2008

Grandparents

Today Novalie and I were getting ready for our "rest" time, (reading books for 30 mins) and she said that she missed "old" Grandma and Grandpa (old because they live in our old state) and new Grandma and Grandpa (new because they live in our new state). She says this almost on a daily basis, so it is nothing new, but today - I am going to blame it on the depressing, cold, never ending winter - I felt sad and missed my Grandma and Grandpa too.

I think back as a child and of ALL the places we went, for me that included Paris and London, my most memorable trips were those to Grandma and Grandpa's house. I remember the excitement when we were almost there, we were usually listening to Alabama, Kenny Rodgers or Neil Diamond. So many memories of camping with them. When Kevin and I go camping, I HAVE to have a bag of red/black licorice, even though we only eat the red.

Even though trips to Grandma Ruth's house were less often, they are still just as much memorable. Her and her crazy spider loving house! No one can give a back massage like Grandma Ruth could.

So, today, I too miss my Grandma's and Grandpa.

1 comment:

Member of the Vernier Family said...

Funny you should be missing your Grandmas and Grandpa - I was really
missing Grandmama and Grandpapa these past few days as Ihave been traveling to Logan on I-15. I have passed many RV rigs returning North after the winter months. Each one I passed I wanted it to be Grandmama and Grandpapa - I so very much miss them and visiting them in their trailer. MOM