Saturday, April 19, 2008
Peace and Quiet
Members of the family have heard me complaining about the closeness of the Layton neighborhood, especially the neighbors across the back fence who clear the snow with their snowblower at 5:00 AM right outside our bedroom window and they also mow their lawn all summer on Sunday mornings , early. I have longed for the sound of the coyotes yelping and the owl hooting and the elk bugles and, of course, the cows mooing!!!! Well, last night in the quiet neighborhood of Albion, Washington, the horses were calling to one another by my window at 2:00 AM. I did not complain but just laid in bed and enjoyed the sound and remembered Stevensville, Montana. There is a calm about this little town that I have missed. It will be sad to leave in 9 days not only because I will be leaving Novalie, Dore' and Kevin but also because I will be leaving the peace and quiet I have missed for the past few years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment